Press On is a marketplace where you can sell your handmade press on nails, and beauty products directly to buyers around the world. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on Press On. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
a. What can be sold on Press On
b. What can't be sold on Press On
c. Managing your Press On shop
d. Seller Standards
e. Selling Fees
a. Creating and Uploading Content
b. Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
c. Communication Standards
iii. Communicating Cancellations
b. Press On’s Case System
d. Seller Protection
1. Selling Basics
Keeping in mind these basic requirements will set you up for success on Press On.
- What Can be Sold on Press On
Press On is a unique marketplace. Buyers come here to purchase items that they might not find anywhere else. Everything listed for sale on Press On must be handmade or from an indie brand or indie artist.
Handmade items are items that are made and/or designed by you, the seller.
If you sell handmade items, you agree that:
- All handmade items are made or designed by you. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner in your relevant listings.
- You accurately describe every person involved in the making of an item in your shop in your About section.
- You are using your own photographs or video content —not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites.
If you are selling personalized or made-to-order items in the Handmade category, you agree that:
- All listings are available for purchase at a set price.
- If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customization (like color choices) included in the listing, it is clear in your description that the photos shown are just examples.
We encourage you to be transparent about how your products were made and where your materials come from. You can disclose whether your items have social or environmental attributes, such as organic or recycled.
- What Can't be Sold on Press On
Reselling is not allowed in the handmade category on Press On. Reselling refers to listing an item as handmade when you were not involved in designing or making that item.
Keep in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for Press On's review. Press On may remove any listings that violate our policies. Note that listing fees are non-refundable. Press On may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be on the hook to pay any outstanding fees on your Press On statement.
If you are raising money on behalf of a charity, you must obtain that charity’s consent.
- Managing your Press On Shop
Your shop represents you and your business to the Press On community. It’s important that you, your items and your shop are honestly and accurately represented.
By selling on Press On, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your about section.
- Honor your shop policies.
- Ensure your shop content, such as any text, photos or videos used to represent yourself, your shop or your listings, abide by Press On’s policies, including our Anti-Discrimination policy.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Not create duplicate shops or take any other action (such as manipulating clicks, carts or sales) for the purpose of shilling, manipulating search or circumventing Press On's policies.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers
- Do not copy other sellers’ designs without permission and giving proper credit to the original seller/nail artist
- Seller Standards By listing a product for sale on Press On you understand and agree that you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations for the products you list for sale, including any required labels and warnings. Press On assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, labeling, or content of your listings.
Meeting Service Level Standards
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers. These requirements are called our Seller Service Level Standards. Press On may reach out to you if your shop fails to meet Press On’s Seller Service Level Standards. Read more here.
By selling on Press On, you agree to:
- Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for shipping times vary by country. Read more in our Shipping Policy.
- Respond to Messages in a timely manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Dispute Resolution team can help through our case system.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
- Selling Fees
Sellers may be charged for using some of Press On’s services. There are fees associated with listing, selling, advertising, and certain other Press On products and features. We charge anywhere from 10-25% service fee per transaction made. It’s free to list on our website.
2. Being a Member of the Press On Community
At Press On, everyone is expected to treat fellow members of the Press On community with respect. As a seller, you have additional responsibilities to safeguard personal information and communicate promptly with buyers in order to provide a great customer experience.
- Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Press On, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like listings, Messages, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or otherwise in violation of our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
- Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
- Communication Standards
With Press On Messages, you have the ability to communicate directly with your buyers or other Press On members. Messages are a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
Messages may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Press On. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor's Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member's advertising budget, also known as "click fraud."
- Creating or using an independent buyer account to maliciously upvote another shop’s negative reviews in order to position those reviews more prominently.
Harassment Any use of Press On Messages to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Messages may not be used to support or glorify hatred or be an anti-discriminative language. If you receive a Message that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
Communities are public spaces provided by Press On where sellers can connect, but there are communication standards that must be followed.
iii. Communicating Cancellations
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via email or direct messages and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises. All cancellations are subject to our Cancellation Policy.
European Union Right of Withdrawal Buyers in the European Union (EU) may be entitled to a 14-day “right of withdrawal” after receiving an item, during which they may return an item for any reason. The details of this right vary by EU member state. The right of withdrawal may not apply to certain items like custom items or perishable goods. Rights with respect to digital items vary by EU member state. Read more about the EU Right of Withdrawal in this Help article.
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, each country has its own laws surrounding shipping, cancellations, returns, and exchanges. Please familiarize yourself with the laws of your own country and those of your buyers’ countries.
3. Feedback, Disputes and Your Success
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on Press On. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph of their purchase, within 100 days after their item’s estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not available, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and shipping time have elapsed. Buyers can edit their review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 100 day period.
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information:
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Use anti-discriminative language;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Press On or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
- Press On’s Dispute System
The Case system is how order disputes are resolved at Press On. We ask buyers to contact sellers directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before messaging us about a dispute on Press On. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to buyers’ email and messages. However, sometimes a case may be necessary, and Press On will work with you and the buyer to resolve it as quickly as possible.
Buyers may dispute a case for a non-delivery or a not-as-described item. You must respond to any disputes within three days or the time frame noted by Press On in the case. Press On may request your assistance in resolving a dispute opened against your shop. Press On reserves the right to escalate a case early for circumstances such as seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, case manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the dispute system.
By using Press On’s case system, you understand that Press On may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. If Press On determines that an item is not as described, you will be required to refund the order, including original shipping and return shipping.
- Your Seller Account and Press On’s Terms
In order to keep Press On safe and improve our Services, we may take actions that limit the visibility of your shop, listings or ads, or that impact your payment account. In the event a shop sees unusual order activity, or we otherwise believe that your actions or shop may result in buyer disputes, chargebacks, increased risk of fraud, counterfeiting, or other claims, Press On may take actions such as limiting visibility of your account, or placing restrictions or reserves on your payments account, in accordance with our Terms of Service, including this Policy and our Press On Payments Policy. When appropriate and permitted by law, Press On will communicate information to the affected seller about the issue.
In the event a shop sees an unusual spike in orders, particularly in a high demand category, a shop may see an increase or decrease in its search ranking. Often, if a shop sees an increase in fulfilled orders and good reviews, this may result in higher visibility and search rank. However, sometimes a rapid increase in orders can reduce visibility.
If Press On has reason to believe you, Your Content, or your use of the Services violate our Terms, including this Seller Policy, we may deactivate Your Content or suspend or terminate your account (and any accounts Press On determines is related to your account) and your access to the Services. Generally, Press On will notify you that Your Content or account has been suspended or terminated, unless you’ve repeatedly violated our Terms or we have legal or regulatory reasons preventing us from notifying you.